encore un article mais pas de controverse, a priori!!

Tout ce qui n'est pas traité dans les autres forums du site et qui concerne le violoncelle ou la musique en général.
Madame Irma
encore un article mais pas de controverse, a priori!!

Message par Madame Irma » mar. nov. 15, 2005 5:20 pm

désolée, c'est en VO mais j'ai trouvé cet article super sympa.

Let's try to orchestrate a few smiles

Monday November 14, 2005

Guardian

The musicians at the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, nicknamed "the Glums" on audience talkboards, have been told to cheer up and smile more at the end of concerts. But having once been a musician in the same orchestra, I know it's not that easy. It was on a coach journey from Plymouth back to Bournemouth that I vowed to escape from the south coast and try to get a job with a London orchestra. You try spending half your life travelling on coaches across the south-west, and then smiling after playing Beethoven's Eroica, knackered for the umpteenth time.
I did escape - to the London Philharmonic, which doesn't have to visit Plymouth quite so often. As orchestral managements try to cut back on costs, overnight stays are a thing of the past, and audiences in the UK shouldn't be too surprised if musicians in visiting orchestras can't raise a smile when a concert ends at 9.30 in the evening; they probably flew into Stansted on a cheap flight at 6am that morning.

But I complain too much. Orchestral life is hard, we are woefully underpaid, the conductor and the soloist get all the glory while we do all the work, but I wouldn't swap it for anything. I know we should be smiling, however many times we've played the Eroica.

Every morning I see my neighbours trudging off at 8.15 to their jobs in the City. They get paid a lot more, but my job is more fulfilling. You're only as good as you play that day, and that gives me a real buzz. Also, I only have to be truly awake between 7.30 and 9.30 in the evening.

The LPO had a big "let's smile" initiative in the 1980s. We decided we would be very conscious about how we responded to applause, turning to face the audience and smiling. It can be a bit forced sometimes: if you've played badly or you loathe the conductor, why smile? But we are in the entertainment business and have to interact with our audience. If you have played well and the relationship with the conductor is good, a smile of satisfaction should be the most natural thing in the world.

Audiences know when orchestras are bored, and a bored orchestra will usually be a bad orchestra. I have guested in orchestras where I could sense the players were not enjoying it. There was no eye-contact, no pleasure in the collective musical experience, none of the camaraderie we have in the LPO's first violin section. It felt like just another day in the office. I may as well have been on the 8.15 with my neighbours - or back on the coach to Bournemouth

· Tom Eisner has been a member of the first violin section of the London Philharmonic Orchestra for 20 years. He was talking to Stephen Moss

Cellomees

Message par Cellomees » jeu. nov. 17, 2005 12:09 pm

je dirais même plus: un petit sourire, un regard, ou n'importe quel petit geste de complicité avec le public, c'est plus qu'appréciable!

j'étais au concours Rostro hier. je manque crûment de critères musicaux pour ne juger qu'à travers ce que jouent les participants. En revanche, je suis assez sensible à la façon dont ils communiquent la musique à travers leur corps.

Il y avait une jeune fille russe qui faisait la danse des Elfes comme moi je ferais une mayonnaise. elle avait l'air de franchement prendre son pied et à la fin, le public a du se contenir pour ne pas applaudir (son programme n'était pas encore terminé). c'était vraiment très émouvant. La participante suivante, la pauvre, avait un visage très fermé, une franche qui lui pendait au-dessus des yeux, et... son jeu était à l'instar de ce qui émanait de son physique: un peu terne, froid, sans vie.
inutile de préciser que la petite russe fait partie des 6 candidats de samedi...

Madame Irma

Message par Madame Irma » jeu. nov. 17, 2005 1:08 pm

chacun ses comparaisons : moi, quand je fais une mayonnaise j'ai l'air crispée et inquiète!! :lol:

Vivement samedi, hein!!

Cellomees

Message par Cellomees » jeu. nov. 17, 2005 3:28 pm

petite veinarde! snif, je ne peux pas y aller...
tu nous feras un compte rendu exhaustif des 6 candidats? tu nous trouveras les articles de presse? tu nous dénicheras les petits détails croustillants? vivement lundi!

ps. la mayo, tu la fais avec la main gauche ou la main droite?

Madame Irma

Message par Madame Irma » jeu. nov. 17, 2005 3:59 pm

ben, du coup jen'en fais pas du tout!!

Cellomees

Message par Cellomees » jeu. nov. 17, 2005 5:46 pm

et ton vibrato???? tu penses le faire au robot?

Madame Irma

Message par Madame Irma » jeu. nov. 17, 2005 5:54 pm

je pensais l'acheter au rayon produits frais comme la mayo mais je n'en ai pas trouvé, Monoprix c'est nul!
Ensuite, j'ai lu Gagnepain et j'ai voulu faire mon vibrato de la main gauche quand je me brosse les dents ; mais ca rallongeait l'opération et j'en mettais de partout.

Oh la la, je suis fatiguée!!

nanar

Message par nanar » ven. nov. 18, 2005 12:20 am

bh a écrit :je pensais l'acheter au rayon produits frais comme la mayo mais je n'en ai pas trouvé, Monoprix c'est nul!
Ensuite, j'ai lu Gagnepain et j'ai voulu faire mon vibrato de la main gauche quand je me brosse les dents ; mais ca rallongeait l'opération et j'en mettais de partout.

Oh la la, je suis fatiguée!!
essaies la brosse à dent électrique :lol: :wink:
sinon après qq............................whyskies la main vibre toute seule.... (le plancher aussi d'ailleurs)